Home Remedies For Backache
Backaches are a quite common condition, particularly among old people, but it may affect the young ones as well. Factors such as muscle tension, pregnancy, excessive physical labor, arthritis, improper diet or poor sitting position may reduce the flexibility of the spine, produce pain in the back, interrupt the sleep and stop us to develop a proper daily activity. In order to diminish these symptoms you can try some of the following home made remedies:
Ginger contains inflammatory substances which offer you a relief sensation.
- Massage the affected area with some ginger paste and eucalyptus oil.
- Add several slices of ginger root in a bowl with water and boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Before consumption, leave it chill and add some honey. Drink the tea twice a day.
- Another type of tea, this time made of ½ teaspoon of cloves, 1 teaspoon of ginger powder and1/2 teaspoon of black peppercorns may be helpful.
- Basil leaves
- Boil up to 10 leaves of basil leaves in one cup of water and let it get cold. You should drink this mixture daily (even twice a day if the pain is acute) with some salt.
- Poppy seeds
- Mill 100 grams of khus khus and misri and consume 2 teaspoons twice a day, after which you drink a cup of milk.
- Herbal Oil
Herbal oil reduces considerably the pain in the back when massaged. It does not matter the type of oil – almond, olive, coconut – what matters it that it must be heated before applied on the skin.
- Eat a few cloves of garlic every morning before breakfast
- Massage your back with garlic oil and then take a warm bath. How to prepare it: fry some leaves of garlic in a mixture of coconut oil, sesame oil and mustard oil.
- Leave overnight some wheat in water. The next day add some couscous grass powder, some coriander and one glass of milk and boil for several minutes until it becomes thicker. You should drink the composition twice a day.
- Ice packs
- Wrap in a towel a bag with crushed ice and apply the compress for up to 15 minutes on your back. Then wait for about half an hour and repeat the process several times.
- Epsom salt
- Sprinkle some Epsom salt into your bathing water and relax for about 30 minutes;
- Mix Epsom salt with hot water. Put the paste on a towel, strain the excess liquid and place it on the affected area, leaving it to action for several minutes.
- Chamomile tea
Drink chamomile tea three times every day and you will forget about tense muscles and backache.
Rich in calcium, milk helps your body have healthy muscles, strong bones and prevent backaches.
- Add milk to your diet and add some honey as well o mix some couscous grass and sugar, adding it to the daily quantity of milk.